People often ask what a particular church or denomination believes. What they may expect to hear is how we are different from other churches. But as Christians we know ourselves to be united by common belief in Jesus Christ based on Scripture. We know that He who unites us is greater than any small area of disagreement or varying emphasis or interpretation of God’s Word.
The Bible says there is “one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of us all ” (Ephesians 4:5). The Bible also says Christians are one body, (1 Corinthians 12:27). So, I’d like to begin with how we in this church and in the Presbyterian Church (USA) believe what millions of other Christians and thousands of other Christian churches around the world also believe based on Scripture.
- Jesus is the divine Son of God and also fully human. He lived a sinless life, died on the cross for the sins and brokenness of the world, and was bodily raised from the dead the third day. After forty days he ascended to heaven where he sits at the Father’s right hand and intercedes for us.
- God is one God, but is revealed as Father , Son, and Holy Spirit—often known as the Trinity.
- Scripture alone is God’s inspired Word and contains God’s revelation of what we are to believe and how we are to live.
- We are saved by God’s grace alone. We cannot earn His love or salvation.
- We receive God’s free grace, through “faith alone,” simple child-like trust.
- God is loving, majestic, holy, and righteous, and He works providentially in all things for the good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.
- God chose us before we could choose Him. He chose us not just to be saved, but also to serve.
- As Christians we live life in covenant with God and with one another, so that we should live disciplined, orderly lives according to God’s Word.
- We are stewards, or administrators, of God’s creation, all of which belongs to God. We believe in living lives that are simple, not showy, so that we use God’s gifts as He wants!
- We recognize that humans have a tendency to put things before God (idolatry – we make idols or false gods). We also believe that there is a tendency of fallen human beings like us to try to dominate or lord it over others (tyranny). We also believe God wants us to help make this world a better place while we are here by feeding and healing and loving people just as Jesus did.
To become a Christian and a church member, you must simply admit you are an imperfect sinner, and ask God for forgiveness and for Jesus to live in you and to be your Savior and Lord. He promises to renew your mind according to His Word and to fill you with His Holy Spirit.
Our mission is to further the kingdom of God through Bible-based preaching and teaching, worship, expectant prayer, compassion, fellowship, outreach to diverse groups, and to promote Christian guidance to all generations leading to changed lives and the fulfillment of God’s promises.
A family of believers utilizing their gifts to spread God’s Holy Word and the love of Jesus Christ to our community, country, and the world.